This position offers the opportunity to:
- EHS oversight of construction contractors.
- Collect samples of environmental media and building materials for laboratory analysis.
- Conduct air monitoring and project oversight for asbestos abatement projects.
- Assist with asbestos, lead and mold inspections.
- Perform indoor air quality sampling.
- Perform remediation project oversight and monitoring.
- Organize field logs and analytical data, and drafts reports for project managers.
- Provide oversight of worker health and safety under the direction of project managers and the Corporate Safety Director.
In addition, this role will provide you an opportunity to receive safety training and to cross train for other roles in the industry.
In order to qualify for this position, candidates will possess:
- At least 1 year of experience in EHS field.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Capable of working outdoors in cold or hot conditions.
- Capable of carrying 50 lbs. of equipment over rough terrain and stairs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and walk long distances.
- Valid driver’s license.
Based on the nature of the role, candidates must be available for flexible working hours (including early morning start times, and occasional night and weekend shifts). In addition, this position requires travels, including occasional, prolonged over-night stays.
This is an outstanding opportunity to gain hands-on experience in and to start a career with an organization committed to your ongoing development!