Environmental Operations, Inc. (EOI) is a trusted partner in turnkey and specialized environmental services. Providing client focused solutions by integrating the skills of our operational and technical specialist to offer a level of expertise unmatched by others. EOI assists a wide range of clients across the US, being an integral part of their success.
EOI’s leadership model is based on trust and open communication through establishing goals, empowering employees, and recognition of achievements. Our goal is to hire, promote, and retain top talent, achieving each employee’s maximum potential and thereby advancing EOI excellence.
EOI is seeking a full time, highly motivated, and ambitious environmental technician to be an integral part of our compliance services team. The Compliance Services Environmental Technician is responsible for completing tasks associated with regulatory compliance consulting and environmental permitting at a client mining facility based in Fredericktown, Missouri.
Position will be based at a client’s mining headquarters located in Fredericktown, Missouri.
- Managing all environmental records on company sharedrive
- Identifying conditions which may lead to a permit/regulatory violation
- Assisting with regulatory compliance inspections/tours
- Other duties as identified by Senior Director of Compliance or Senior Field Project Manager
Water Permit Duties
- Weekly and monthly storm water sampling
- Assisting with groundwater sampling events
- Weekly construction BMP inspections
- Inspection of permitted control features
- Managing weather station and collection of readings
- Keeping SWPPP maps and SWPPP plan up to date
- Keeping SPCC maps and SPCC plan up to date
- Completing eDMRs for the site
- Ensuring all waste is handled appropriately
- Ensuring all new wastes are analyzed and profiled appropriately
- Keeping track of all wastes and disposal methods on a master spreadsheet
- Maintaining all waste manifests
- Preparing annual waste reports
Air Permit Management
- Ensuring all air emission units onsite are properly installed
- Ensuring all pollution control equipment (i.e., dust collectors) are operating per manufacturers specs (i.e., checking pressure differential)
- Collecting production data needed for air tracking
- Maintaining emission tracking spreadsheets
- Collecting data and preparing annual Tier II report due March 1st of each year
- Collecting data and preparing annual Form R report due July 1st of each year
- May assist in safety initiatives or tasks as assigned by EOI safety manager
- 1+ years of experience with environmental compliance related duties;
- Familiarity with Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act and RCRA regulations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related, required;
- Ability to spend up to 70% of time outside or in manufacturing facility type settings;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 30-hour MSHA certification a plus;
- Familiarity with federal and state reporting procedures and systems, preferred;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and SharePoint;
- Ability to pass a physical and drug test.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Expense reimbursement
- Competitive vacation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Life
- Cellular phone compensation
- Compensation for ongoing training and licensing requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.