Environmental Operations, Inc. (EOI) is a trusted partner in turnkey and specialized environmental services. Providing client focused solutions by integrating the skills of our operational and technical specialist to offer a level of expertise unmatched by others.
EOI’s leadership model is based on trust and open communication through establishing goals, empowering employees, and recognition of achievements. Our goal is to hire, promote, and retain top talent, achieving each employee’s maximum potential and thereby advancing EOI excellence.
EOI is seeking a full time, experienced, highly motivated, and ambitious Professional Engineer to be an integral part of our compliance services team. The Senior Environmental Engineer is responsible for assisting clients on complying with federal, state, and local environmental regulations. The primary function of this role is to provide regulatory and technical compliance assistance for clients regarding environmental regulations and management systems. This role also assists with internal project compliance.
This position is expected to conduct business development including participating in professional organizations and in professional speaking engagements.
The position requires at least five (5) years of experience in the environmental compliance field. Knowledge related to water and stormwater management, permitting, and reporting is preferred. Exceptional client communication, technical writing, and project management skills are required.
Position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO company headquarters with a nationwide business development focus.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance reporting. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Preparing and applying for permits to assist clients in complying with regulatory requirements;
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients during the permitting process;
- Monitoring, documenting, and reporting to regulatory agencies;
- Calculating/tracking permit monitoring data for clients to maintain permit compliance;
- Interacting with clients frequently;
- Reviews projects for accuracy and completeness.
- Create and develop environmental compliance plans. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Creating SWPPP and SPCC plans per client permit and facility requirements and federal, state, and local regulations;
- Performing on-site training and assistance with implementation of prepared plans;
- Update existing site-specific plans.
- Conduct environmental compliance audits and provide consultation services to remedy results. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing all facility operations with environmental impacts;
- Conducting facility walk through to identify potential areas of non-compliance;
- Researching and reviewing all regulatory reporting and recordkeeping related to Site activities;
- Reporting the audit results and findings along with recommendations for improvements to achieve full compliance.
- Participates in department administration and leadership activities. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing project budgets;
- Mentoring and training technical staff;
- Assisting the Sr Director – Due Diligence & Compliance Services in strategic planning, staffing, and financial reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related, required;
- PE License in Missouri and Illinois, required;
- 10 or more years’ experience in the environmental compliance and/or environmental engineering fields, required;
- Proficient in technical writing and environmental report generation, required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Current 40-hr HAZWOPER certification, preferred;
- Experience with regulatory agency interface, preferred;
- Experience with CWA regulation and NPDES permitting, preferred;
- Ability to travel locally to various work sites in designated multi-state territory (20%);
- Extremely flexible work schedule subject to project scope.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Expense reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive vacation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Life
- Cellular phone compensation
- Compensation for ongoing training and licensing requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.